Katie Fischer Design is hiring:
- Client communication & project management
- Manage studio calendar, schedule projects, plan project timelines, manage Katie’s calendar
- Prepare estimates and invoices
- Phone conversations, email communications and occasional texting - with the KFD team and clients
- Coordinate closely with KFD team, printers, calligraphers, and other outside contractors
- Quality-check and package orders
- Keep studio tidy
- Responsible for ordering paper, envelopes and supplies
- Comfortable occasionally meeting with clients at our Manhattan office
- Occasionally doing mailings from the 34th Street Manhattan post office
Approximately 20 hours/week – potentially more. Flexible hours, Monday-Friday. Occasionally from home. Mostly from one of our studios.
Katie Fischer Design is widely considered one of the top wedding stationery designers. We are commonly featured in leading magazines, websites and blogs. Here’s the latest: (Press)
You should be super-organized, highly productive, and detail-oriented. Project management software, Excel sheets and Google Docs should be considered your friends! Attention-to-detail and the ability to multi-task are essential.
You will need a calm demeanor and very strong communication and organizational skills -- comfort on the phone and via email are crucial. You should have a good sense of how to provide our clients with quality service and friendly support. Responsiveness, reliability and a commitment to high quality work is vital. You'll need to be comfortable managing client expectations, talking about pricing and preparing estimates with care and attention. Please be warm, low-drama, and team-oriented.
Any previous experience or insight on managing projects, client expectations or print production would be a big help. As is basic know-how of InDesign and other Adobe Creative suite programs. But with the right core skillset, we are happy to train you on these subjects.
The position of Studio Manager is a critical role at Katie Fischer Design. You’ll be working closely with the owner to help with all the day-to-day responsibilities as well as long-term projects and business goals. Though this is not a design position, a good eye for design would be helpful.
Depends upon your experience and level of productivity.
We’re also always looking for freelancers in the following categories:
- Graphic Designers. Your aesthetic should be clean, modern, fashion forward. Freelance work for social stationery projects as well as branding/logo design.
- Artists: painters, illustrators, graphic artists, animators. Can work from home or must come to our studio to hand-paint orders.
- Calligraphers: modern and classic.
- Copy editors: to proof mock-ups from home and to come into our studio to proof calligraphy and quality check orders.
- Crafters to hand-paint, assemble invitation suites and envelope liners, wrap ribbon, package invitation suites. This must be done from our studio.
- Web designers: Squarespace experts, HTML, animators. This can be done from home.
- Studio assistants/interns. This is a great position for high school or college students and recent graduates. Errands, quality checking and packaging orders, and administrative work.
You must have a can-do attitude and the ability to meet deadlines. You must be kind, responsive, and trust-worthy. You must be willing to sign an NDA. For all positions other than studio assistants/interns – you must have had previous relevant experience. You’ll need to submit at least one sample that’s in-line with our style and aesthetic.
Based on experience and project type.
To apply for a freelance position:
Email: email@example.com with the position you’re applying for in the subject line